I left a comment, but it didn't get published. Why is that?
Comment moderation is now on all the time. Recently I was goaded into a tit-for-tat that was nothing but a complete waste of time. There was no convincing me, and there was no convincing the other guy. After taking some time to think about it, I came to the following conclusions:
1. Ars Orandi isn't a discussion forum for the general public. If you want that, go to AngelQueen or Fisheaters or Catholic Answers or Wherever.
2. Ars Orandi is primarily for traditional Catholics, and is primarily for the spiritual and intellectual nourishment of traditional Catholics.
At times I will post articles and opinion pieces that are critical of novus ordo, mainstream Catholicism that will, no doubt, enrage novus ordo, mainstream Catholics. At times I will post articles and opinion pieces that might enrage "SSPXers". At times I will post articles that might enrage sedevacantists. At times I might post articles that will enrage cat owners.
I don't have a problem with these enraged masses sending me comments for moderation, and if the comments are reasonable and actually address the points in the post, I will probably publish it. However, I will not publish comments that even hint at an attack or make insinuations about traditional Catholics or traditional Catholicism in general, especially comments that insinuate that traditionalists have a monopoly on sanctimonious hypocrisy, are schismatics when objectively they are not, etc.
3. I'm not perfect, and I do make mistakes. Corrections are welcome. I will usually post these comments, make the correction, and kindly thank you. However, if you wish to "correct" my understanding of the faith, my prayer life, or how I live my life, and you are not my bishop, my pastor or my wife, you can probably safely assume I will delete your comment without having finished reading it. I simply don't have the time for that kind of thing.
4. I will not make long replies to any comments. Publishing your comment is really all the further comment I need to make.
5. At-a-boy comments, and "I love this post" comments will always be published. I'm a choleric, so sue me.